One Hundred Days of Solitude 2.0

Friday, July 23, 2004

Slaving in the Kitchen

Day 40

Kitchen work is tough.

I have been standing in the kitchen the whole morning doing one thing or other. At this rate, how can I ever become a kitchen goddess and look calm and serene in front of the stove??

Mum is away for vacation...so, I am taking over. For lunch, I decided to practise on my otak-otak again. It was raining the whole morning. One thing about being the eldest in the house, I have assumed ultimate authority. I sent my sister out in the rain to pick the leaves (banana, kadok and kaffir) in our garden for the dish.

The otak-otak was much, much better this time. I remembered the salt this time!

Today, I am grateful that it's such a cool Friday.

For that One of a Kind experiments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home