One Hundred Days of Solitude 2.0

Monday, August 9, 2004

Sucked into the CD Black Hole

Day 57

I have been spending too much of my spare time hanging out at the illegal CD stores. I think it is becoming an addiction.

What can one do when it's so cheap!

The CDs are so openly sold here that it's a way of life. Yesterday, I went into City Bookstore which has 7 stories worth of books.
Imagine....
You are in MPH or Kinokuniya bookstore.
Then, times the floor space by 7.
Half of one floor filled with pirated CDs.
I am now having Russell crooning his new songs in my ears.
Tonite, I will be watching the Carmen, the Opera. Three CDs for RM14.
Let me know what can be that!

Well, I did imagine that there could suddenly be a Government crackdown as I am wandering along the aisles. I am arrested for possession of illegal CDs. I guess there's a risk to it.

On the brighter side, I guess it's a sign I am assimilating with the local Chinese people. My suitcase is filled with fake goods...even the bag itself. It's my fake Bally!

For that One of a Kind experiments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home