One Hundred Days of Solitude 2.0

Monday, September 6, 2004

Travel for Thought

Day 84

Here are my thoughts...

Counting the minutes during my 6-hour flight from Beijing to Kuala Lumpur...

Wednesday, off to see Borobudor with Hana
Return on Saturday...
Then, Sunday night, off to Shanghai.
3 Saturdays later, off to Netherlands.
How am I gonna survive the next few weeks?


Trapped on the Airbus 330 with no individual tv screen and sitting on a worn-out economy class seat...feeling every spring in the seat, watching the in-flight movie from a tiny screen on the wall...
How can I escape sitting through another 12-hour flight to Amsterdam?
My neck is strained.
My butt is aching.
Great! the guy in front is snoring. I can hear him through my headphones.


2 hours into the flight, paranoia sets in...
This plane blanket did not come in its normal plastic packaging.
It has been used before. Gross!
I wonder how often do they change the head cover for the seats....
I wonder how many dirty heads had laid on it. Gross!
I need to take a shower asap!


Finally, touchdown. I couldn't be more glad!

Waiting for my luggage in the baggage area...
Where is my bag? Where is my bag?
Why is it taking so long?
This is great...they lost my bag!
Oh my! there are so many more bags coming out from Beijing than from Shanghai route.
Peaches! Somebody bought a carton of peaches from China. What a good idea!
Wait a minute...is he able to go through customs?


I got home at midnight yesterday.

While having my midnight shower...
36 hours ago, I was climbing the Great Wall of China.
12 hours ago, I was walking along Tiannamen Square.
Now, I am having my shower at midnight at home.


No wonder I am dead tired!




For that One of a Kind experiments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home